The Church of St Peter, Oughtrington can be seen for miles around with its tall, graceful spire stretching up to the skies. The building stands on the hillside above the parish as a testimony to the generosity of George Charnley Dewhurst and the vision of his wife. Consecrated on St Peter's Day, 29th June 1872, the church has been continuously used as a place of prayer and worship. it is a fine example of Victorian Gothic architecture. The Apse and vaulted roof modelled on Westminster Abbey.
St Peter’s is a welcoming and inclusive Anglican church of the Catholic tradition serving the parish of Oughtrington.
Welcome to St. Peter’s
St Peter’s takes its duty and obligation to protect and safeguard all (and especially children and vulnerable adults) extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England procedures and guidelines. The Parish Safeguarding Officer is Jean Evans.
In the light of the Coronavirus, the normal Sunday pattern of worship has been suspended. This means that there will be no services in St Peter’s Church and Hall until further notice.
Please visit the Facebook site for St Peter’s, Oughtrington for a regular Sunday message.